Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools' Day to me...

Ah, April Fool's Day...

Even when I'm the victim, I can still appreciate a well-executed prank (sometimes). But that doesn't mean I won't get even (always).

Today my co-workers decided to sell my car on craigslist—using the pictures they took of it sitting in the parking lot. And in the 40 minutes after they posted it, I got four calls.

Here's what their post looked like:



And this is what it says...

My name is Charlie Tyler, and I just found out that my job is transferring me to London, so I need to sell my car by mid-April. It's a Mitsubishi Eclipse with only 25,000 miles on it, and I hate to give it up, but I can't legally drive it in the UK.

It's a manual transmission, 2-door coupe, bright blue, with tinted windows and a CD player. Exterior is in great condition. Interior is in great condition too, with some small scuff marks on some of the door handles. Also, it's got a few decals on it--I love Smurfs and Clay Aiken, so I've got some stickers and magnets of both. If you want them, they're yours to keep, or I can take them off for you (and I'll use goo-gone, so the stickers won't be a problem). I've also gotten a leopard-print seat cover and matching steering wheel cover (not pictured)--I can throw those in too for an extra $20 if you're interested.

Anyway, price is $3500 OBO. See pictures for details. Call me at 513-255-2159 for more information and so we can talk more about it. Call today!


And now I just got my fifth call...

And one of my co-workers even went so far as to set up an email account as Charlie Tyler so they could send me a taunting email.

Well done, my fellow co-workers...but I hope you're prepared to sleep with one eye open.

On my list:
Sarah
Ryan
Mary
Rachel J
Cory

Maybes:
Tim
Drew

I'll be patient, but I won't forget.

7 comments:

Merbie said...

Marian and Mary K. were also in the room.

Tyler Charles said...

Yeah, that may be, but I like both of them...

...and by the way, I just got a sixth call.

Cory said...

I feel like I'm being accused for no good reason.

But, this was a great prank. So great, that I had to blog about it, too:

http://corywhitehead.blogspot.com/2009/04/april-fools-day.html

Anonymous said...

We are truly the best coworkers you have ever had.

Merbie said...

You forgot to add Lindsey to your list.

Tyler Charles said...

Lindsey too, huh?

Lucky for her, I think she falls into the "Rachel Willoughby" category...which means she's too nice for me to get any enjoyment out of pranking her.

But the rest of y'all...Not so much.

Karen said...

We copied your email about this to post at work (since things were BAD and we were not in the mood to play our own A.F.'s prank this year) and it has brought smiles to many, us included, of course.

Barb said, "They must not know who they are messing with! He'll have a real estate agent giving tours of their house!".

I thought you'd be proud to know that your reputation for revenge is so widespread and awe inspiring!

And to your co-workers -- WELL PLAYED!