Friday, May 25, 2007

Christianity vs. Islam Part 1

One evening last week, I fell asleep while reading. As I slept, I had an unusually symbolic dream. Though it resembles the format of Biblical prophecy, I attribute this to my reading of the prophetic book of Ezekial. As for the topic, I believe that to be the result of recent musings. So please don't think I'm trying to predict what is to come. I'm merely sharing this because I found it interesting, and because I think it adequately sets the tone for what I plan to write about Christianity and Islam.

When I woke up, I recorded the dream because I didn't want to forget it. This is what I wrote:



I had a dream in which Christianity and Islam were fighting for
ownership of humanity, battling for control.

And in this dream, I saw two dogs fighting over a ravaged and bloody
carcass. Both beasts were clamping down, trying to get a better grip
on their prey, hoping to tear it completely from the mouth of the
other.

Then they became birds, still tearing at the ravaged corpse, clamping
and pulling, biting and jerking, trying desperately to pry the prey
from the mouth of their adversary.

I knew the carcass represented mankind as a whole. And as I watched
the two beasts tearing into their prey, I heard mysellf say in a
panicked voice, "They're going to destroy it!"

And then I woke up.


--Thanks for Reading (Your Comments are Appreciated)

No comments: